Wednesday, February 14, 2007

MELISSA GRANILLO, PART 2

So last week I’m going to my Special Studies class and I see some people standing outside of the class who say, “Class is dismissed today.” I thought bummer, I just drove all the way here. I tell them good-bye, see ya next week and I see another person in my class and I tell him class was canceled too. At this point I’m gunning it to my car thinking, “Hooray! I get a free afternoon!” Hah, little did I not know class was not canceled. It was quite funny actually. After I left the parking lot and rounded my way toward Yorba Linda Blvd. I got a call from my friend from class who told me everyone was there. Moral of the story: Make sure you check the note on the door to make sure that YOUR class was the one that was cancelled and not another one. Luckily, I found parking and made it back to class.

Since then, I’ve been working on the first project for my graphic design class. We are supposed to create a logo. I’ve chosen to create one for a made-up yoga studio that I named “ReJuv Yoga.” I’m glad I took Prof. John Drew design class. I utilized a lot of techniques I learned in that class to create this logo. My favorite methods so far have been using a modular system, overprinting, and creating a 3D plane. I’m really trying to go for a gestalt look, but I’m not succeeding all that well so far. It’s a tough method to get, but hopefully I’ll get it. I’ve been creating all my logos in Illustrator and some have been hand drawn then scanned into the computer. I find I work best with vector based programs.

Anyway, I’m off to create more logos for this Wednesday. So far I’ve done close to 200!

Eat, sleep and dream design.

Till next time,
Melissa :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home