Friday, February 16, 2007

DANA TUSKEWICZ, CERAMICS STUDENT: PART 1

My name is Dana and I’ve been doing ceramics for the past seven years. The last three have been at Cal State Fullerton. To be honest, Cal State Fullerton was my last choice of university to transfer to. I had originally planned on going to Cal State Long Beach because I had been told they had a really good ceramics program. I changed my mind about Cal State Long Beach because the competition scared me. What sold me on Cal State Fullerton was, I was told you could drive right up to the back of the ceramics building and load your car so that’s where I went. I’m really glad that I came here though. There are enough kilns that you can do your own firing at least once a week. There is 24-hour access to the entire studio, which is perfect if you find it too distracting to work during class time. I think that the studio has a very friendly, almost family atmosphere. I think rather than competing with each other, we actually support each other.

The art department here has a great vibe. Every semester I meet some really great friends that are fun to hang out with and fun to make art with.

By the way, you can see some of my work and in interview with me in the Diversity in Clay video (link at bottom).

Until next week,
Dana
DIVERSITY IN CLAY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home